Monday, April 16, 2012

4th Birthday Fun!

This weekend was my nephew's 4th birthday. I invited him to come sleep over at our house on Friday night. He was super excited and so was my little man. A cousin to play with, Yay!!

Watching Kung Fu Panda Saturday morning in our jammies!

My nephew loves pancakes (or pamcakes as he calls them). So everytime he sleeps over, I make a batch for breakfast. Since it was his birthday, I decided to suprise him with rainbow pancakes. It was the first time I attempted them and I think they turned out pretty nice. My nephew loved them. We even put sprinkles on them and a candle to sing happy birthday.

Rainbow pancakes before sprinkles etc.

Rainbow pancakes ready for the birthday boy!

The birthday boy!

Blowing out the candles!

Here is my nephew and little man playing on the mattress in the living room after breakfast. My nephew was chasing him with the frog and saying that Baby was a fly and he had to eat him. I guess he caught him! Too funny!

After breakfast and a bit of playtime, we headed off the toy store to get my nephew a birthday gift. He ended up with a play BBQ, some play food and a new pair of Spiderman running shoes. Pretty good! When we got home it was still a little bit early to eat lunch, so we headed off to the park. We met some friends there and the kids had a blast. Then it was lunchtime. My nephew and son are quite the picky eaters. I made a fun lunch in hopes that they would think it was cute and would eat. I was right. My nephew ate everything. My son...not so much. I think he's still a little to young to understand a fun lunch. I made grilled cheese cut into penguins with cheese eyes, octopus hot dogs with cheese eyes and mouth, with a side of the oh so famous fishies. My first attempt at a fun meal. Hopefully I can get some more inspiration and get really creative. Well, my first attempt was pretty successful. Bellies were full and it was time for a nap before my nephew's birthday party.

Looks yummy to me!
After naptime we all got ready and went over to my brother's house for the party. It was a great party full of family, friends, food and presents! The cake was amazing and delicious. My parents made it of course!

Power Rangers cakes my parents made for the party!

My nephew with his cousin and friend, ready to blow out his candles (again!).
While everyone was having fun, this was my little man most of the evening. No idea what got into him, but he was not a happy camper most of the party!

So thats it! That's what went on this weekend. It was fun, but now i'm exhausted!

Happy Birthday to my nephew! May you have many, many more and may each one be happier than the last! Auntie loves you very much!

Ni-xox-


No comments: